Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I have my first follower!!

Okay, let me just say how excited I am that I have my first follower. Yea!! Also, I am feeling quite encouraged by a few comments I have gotten from other artists whose work I admire. I welcome any and all input, advise, guidance, encouragement, anything....as I have said, I don't really have any artistic friends here in Houston and would welcome a few people who don't mind having their brains picked or who have time to read my ramblings and offer the occasional advise. I am new to this whole thing, so even learning how others have developed their craft would be much appreciated. As anyone reading this will soon realize, I am not a terribly patient person. I get an idea in my head and want to go from Step 1 to completion without all of that silly middle stuff. This can be quite problematic, as you can imagine and takes a toll on the self-esteem as well. I am trying to be realistic in my expectations, but always struggle with my desire to be further along than I am. The fact that I have two young children who are only in preschool part-time makes it all the more difficult to find time to get things moving. Thank you to those of you who take the time to read this and thank you also for your comments. Thay are much appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. thank you for your most recent comment on my blog..I am also following you now..I actually thought that I was following you already, but I guess I wasn't..sorry, rambling.
    Anyways, do you really think that painting looks done? I did some more work on it and decided to just put it on my web site, but I still feel like it needs more work. It is only the second pastel portrait I've done so I'm still trying to get the hang of it. If you respond to this, PLEASE be honest...I hate it when people say 'oh, that's so good..blah, blah, blah' I want real criticism! :-)

    ReplyDelete