Monday, January 5, 2009

Well, I'm feeling incredibly discouraged right now. It appears that I won't be finishing my "Woman with Wine" anytime soon. Part of the problem is that she an original piece and therefore I have nothing to reference when painting her. I have great difficulty not working from some reference source. The other, more daunting problem is that I simply do not know the techniques necessary to make the paint do what I want it to. This is just so frustrating...I want so much to finish her. She's so close to being done and I just can't seem to figure it out. I have begun sketching her onto new paper and I'm planning to start over and use only watercolor. I'm hoping that the watercolor works better than the watercolor/acrylic mix. As for now...I'm done for the evening...I've had enough for one night. I think I'll go take a bath and have a bit of a cry.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you're having difficulties with your painting...I wish I could see it!
    Sometimes it helps to walk away and then come back again:-)

    ReplyDelete