Friday, January 2, 2009

For the love of Deco

This is the painting I am currently working on. I absolutely love Art Deco and was inspired to do something reminiscent of graphic design images from the Deco period. I hope to make her part of a series of 3 or 4 others. I am pleased with the overall design, but am having major issues with her shading. I can't seem to get the paint to blend the way I want it to. In graphic images from the 20s, the shadows were often very dramatic with little or no shading. I have tried no shading and have not been happy with the results. I have also tried shading, but I cannot get the paint to give me a smooth transition the way pencil does. I know there is probably something that I need to be adding to my paint to make it blend better, but again this is the problem with being self taught.

No comments:

Post a Comment